This No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream is so easy to make that I decided to make popsicles with it! Nothing better than creamy and delicious on a stick!
Whenever strawberries hit the supermarket I usually buy a ton ready to make something new and delicious. Since we are a big ice cream eating family I thought a simple strawberry ice cream would be perfect. I hope you like it too!
How to make it
Quarter the strawberries and place in a blender or food processor, blend until completely pureed, then pass through a sieve to remove any seeds.
In a medium bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
In a medium bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and puree until completely combined. Fold into the whipped cream and combine.
At this point you can either spoon the mixture into popsicle molds or a container such as a loaf pan and freeze until firm.
What does no churn mean?
It means no ice cream maker is needed all you really need is about 10 minutes and an electric mixer. The basic recipe uses only 3 ingredients, sweetened condensed milk, whole cream which is at least 30% fat and vanilla. Of course it's the additions that take it over the top! It's so easy even kids can help you do it.
How to make Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk
To make it at home you only need 2 ingredients whole milk and sugar. Two parts milk and 1 part sugar, for example 1 cup of milk and ½ cup of sugar.
In a medium pot boil the sugar and milk together until the mixture thickens, this should occur at 225F (107C) on a candy thermometer. Let cool to room temperature use or refrigerate, it will keep for up to 5-7 days.
What to make with strawberry puree
If you have any leftover strawberry puree here are a few things you can do with it, including a Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting.
- As a dip for a fruit tray.
- Slather it on brownies.
- Spread it between two cookies, making a cookie sandwich.
- Pipe it on cupcakes.
- Use it as a filling for your crepes, croissants, crescent rolls.
- Layer it in your cakes.
Can I add extras to the ice cream mixture?
Yes you can, you could add some chocolate chips, coconut, some chopped nuts or different types of cut up fruit. Fold them in at the end.
How long does no churn ice cream last in the freezer
It will last for up to a couple of weeks, longer than that and the texture may become grainy with ice crystals. It should be kept in an airtight freezer safe container.
More Delicious Strawberry Recipes
So if you are looking for the perfect Summer Ice Cream Recipe, then I hope you give this No Churn Strawberry Recipe a try and let me know what you think.
No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1¼ cups whole/heavy/whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup pureed strawberries (4-6 large strawberries, cleaned and hulled)
- Quarter about 8-10 strawberries strawberries and place in a blender or food processor, blend until completely pureed, then pass through a sieve to remove any seeds.
- In a large bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a medium bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and puree until completely combined. Fold into the whipped cream and combine.
- At this point you can either spoon the mixture into popsicle* molds (it should be enough for 6 popsicles) or a container such as a loaf pan (8 x4 inches/ 20x10 cm) cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm approximately 3-5 hours.